- All the participants will have an unlimited access to the venue for the whole duration of the challenge. It is possible to sleep on the spot, but you may want to bring a mat and a sleeping bag.
- The venue HAS a shower.
- Apart from the working space, participants will be able to use a chillout zone and a café.
- Each participant will have their own seating spot, electric sockets, wi-fi connection.
- The registration fee includes two warm meals a day, snacks and drinks.
- It is possible to park nearby for free (but public transport is better).
- The main language of the event is English due to the international jury and participants.
- Tickets for Berlin’s A MAZE. festival
- RPi starterbook + RPi Zero by RPishop.cz
- ArtAttack T-shirts
- Tickets for Anča festival a Game days
- PCRevue subscription
Best Aesthetical Experience
The jury will judge primarily: how the game develops the theme, idea or message for players as well as an innovative and experimental approach. The technical aspect of the game is not among the top judging priorities.
Piatok, 9. 11. 2018
|16.30 - 17:30||registration|
|17:30||opening ceremony, theme announcement|
|18:00||game jam start|
Sobota, 10. 11. 2018
|00:00 - 24:00||working|
Nedeľa 11. 11. 2018
|10:00 - 13:00||games corner & shop by Arcade Watch|
|12:00 - 13:00||submitting the prototypes and presentations.|
|14:00 - 16:00||game presentations (in English)|
|16:00 - 20:00||chance to play the games|
|20:00 - 20:15||keynote: Thorsten S. Wiedemann|
|20:15 - 20:30||award ceremony, The End|
Marián is a true legend of the Slovak gaming scene. In 1990s, Marián co-created the Quadrax game, one of the first Czechoslovak games that made a world breakthrough. He is behind the first gaming Slovak studio Cauldron with almost 20 titles on their account. At the moment he is active in the Bohemia Interactive video development studio and the Slovak Game Developers Association.
Dana is an illustrator, a graphic designer and a game maker. At the moment she is finishing her game Vulkanist that helps develop skills related to meditation practice. In the past she worked in the companies like Pixel Federation, Milk or Folk. She graduated from animation and multimedia in Prague and has worked on non-traditional and meaningful projects ever since.
The founder and director who produces and curates A.MAZE festivals, exhibitions and workshops. He is primarily interested in indie games, VR and alternative gaming culture. He is also famous for his artistic performance Disconnected – A 48 hour VR Trip, within which he stayed in virtual reality for 48 hours. Lives and works in Berlin.
Michal had programmed games already on Atari 800. Later he became a co-founder of the Slovak demoscene and Demobit party with a close link to the gaming community. Around the time, he stood at the beginnings of the Eset company. Today he is in charge of his own software company IBL, whose products focus mainly on processing and visualising weather data and are used across the continents. Michal is the holder of the prestigious EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 title.